Re: Tab completion is obscenely slow

On 07/23/2010 02:50 PM, John Cromartie wrote:
When I type /cyg<tab>  or /cygdrive/c/Prog<tab>  or try similar
completions, the shell can hang for a good 30-40 seconds. I don't have
any network drives on my path. What's could be causing this?

Use 'set -vx<ENTER>' before typing '/cyg<TAB>', so that you can see the full range of any commands being executed while computing the completion. If any one of them takes particularly long, that would be useful to know. Also, it may just be an issue of BLODA or windows itself taking a long time to enumerate all files in a large directory.