Re: Weird directories on Windows share when using rm to delete a directory

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin)
<reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On 7/1/2010 5:52 PM, Slide wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> What sort of information would you need for the share? I believe it is
>> actually a Linux box running Samba for the share. I would have to
>> double check with my IT department on that. I should be able to get
>> any information needed about the share to help workaround the issue.
>
> Knowing the source system O/S, version, sharing protocol and version,
> and file system type would be helpful. ?Also, please provide the output
> of /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo for the mounted path.

The system is a NetApp. This is the information that my IT guy gave me.

1)	System O/S and Version -  ONTAP 7.2.6.1P8
2)	Sharing protocol and version - CIFS
3)	File system type - WAFL (not really a file system according to wikipedia)

And here is the info from getVolInfo

Device Type        : 7
Characteristics    : 10
Volume Name        : <PCA>