Re: 1.7.6 snapshot: intermittent "CreateProcessW failed"

On Jun 30 23:19, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> On 6/30/2010 6:52 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> >Greetings, Andy Koppe!

> >>Yeah, I do trust the Cygwin package maintainers not to overwrite
> >>/Windows or /Users.
> >
> >Actually that was a reference to C:/bin being a pointer to /usr/bin instead
> >of /bin In normal installation it is that way plus /usr/bin as symlink to
> >/bin Not the other way around. (sh is in /bin, with your structure, no way it
> >could be reached through C:/bin )
>
> Actually, what Andy has is what 'setup.exe' provides if you install in
> 'C:\'.  I have the same thing.  So what he has is a "normal installation"
> if the user chooses to install in 'C:\'.  Also, FWIW, 'setup.exe' does not
> create a "symlink" from '/usr/bin' to '/bin'.  It only creates the mounts
> like what Andy shows above.

Actually, these mount points are not created by setup.  As you can see
from the above `mount' output, they are automatic mount points which
are generated at startup of the first Cygwin instance:

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table
Start at "A correct root directory is quite essential ..."

Corinna

Red Hat