This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
V1.7 and endless loops triggerd by junction points
- From: Matthias Meyer <matthias dot meyer at gmx dot li>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 21:00:37 +0200
- Subject: V1.7 and endless loops triggerd by junction points
- Connect(): No such file or directory
I've installed cygwin 1.7 in Vista and have two problems, not known prior
with cygwin 1.5.25:
1) If I login in a shell (e.g. sh --login -i) I can not use cursor or
backspace keys. It seems that the cursor can't go into the left direction.
Cursor up will resolve in one line like:
$ tail /cygdrive/c/Attrib/attributes$ ls -alh /cygdrive/c/Attrib/attributes
instead two different lines like
$ tail /cygdrive/c/Attrib/attributes
$ ls -alh /cygdrive/c/Attrib/attributes
2) In the opposite to V1.5.25 "ls -alh /cygdrive/c/users/" shows the Vista
Junction points like linux soft links. That is nice :-)
But the Windows Program "attrib /S /D" will follow this symbolic links and
therefore it comes into an endless loop. e.g.:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\..
This behaviour will take place too if I run it with "cmd /c attrib"
Both above means by running it within a bash shell. If I run attrib from a
cmd box it work correct.
Thanks for any hint
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple