This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.7.1 : search inside more returns "Regular expression botch"
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:08:19 -0400
- Subject: Re: 1.7.1 : search inside more returns "Regular expression botch"
- References: <4BD53690.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 4/26/2010 2:45 AM, Fabrice PLATEL wrote:
While I am viewing a file with the "more" utility, if I want to search
any expression inside the file by typing "/" then the expression, it
doesn't search and just displays the message "Regular expression botch".
Am I the only one having this behaviour ? What does it mean ?? how to
fix it ?
'more' is from an obsolete package. Use 'less' instead.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Q: Are you sure?
A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple