This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 'mkgroup -lu' error and/or missing group member names
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 16:37:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: 'mkgroup -lu' error and/or missing group member names
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Apr 12 10:06, email@example.com wrote:
> mkgroup -lu
> is run on a current (as of today) install of CYGWIN 1.7.4,
> it returns the error
> mkgroup (376):  The RPC server is unavailable.
> Running any of
> mkgroup -l -u
> mkgroup -u -l
> mkgroup -ul
> does not result in an error message, but also does not include
> member user IDs in the output:
> If 'mkgroup' from CYGWIN 1.5.25 is run under 1.7.4, correct output is
> produced with all combinations of the -l and -u parameters:
> The 'mkgroup' 1.7.4 behavior appears to be a bug or defect.
No, it's not. -l is an option with an optional argument. If it's
followed by other characters like in `-lu', it tries to access the
server called "u". Same for `-l u'.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple