This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: man pages showing special characters
- From: David Arnstein <arnstein at panix dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 15:02:18 -0400
- Subject: Re: man pages showing special characters
- References: <4BBCC76E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: arnstein at pobox dot com
On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 11:57:02AM -0600, Durwin De La Rue wrote:
> First, I am using latest version of cygwin. I normally use rxvt. But
> after having this issue with it, and finding information that mintty
> does not have the issue, I started using mintty. My first attempt to
> fix the issue in rxvt was successful (export LANG=C). However, at some
> point it failed. LANG is the same, but I again was getting special
> characters where a hyphen (and quotes and other punctuation) is suppose
> to be.
I had this issue starting on the day that I upgraded from cygwin 1.5
to cygwin 1.7.
I use a pager called "most" that is not part of the cygwin
distribution. I recompiled "most" from latest tarballs using cygwin
toolchain (make, gcc, and so forth). This fixed the problem for me.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple