This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Setup 2.693 unable to replace files through reboot
- From: "Matthias Andree" <matthias dot andree at gmx dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 19:23:08 +0300
- Subject: Setup 2.693 unable to replace files through reboot
I have observed multiple times, and reproduced, that Setup 2.693
overwriting "in-use files" and rebooting WILL NOT replace those in-use
files. Notably cygwin1.dll.
Windows 7 Pro, 32-bit, with 4 cygrunsrv services (exim, cron, cygserver,
1. stop services
2. install some cygwin1.dll with a distinct version that you can recognize
from "uname -a" (in my case, snapshot 20100331)
3. start services
4. launch setup.exe (version 2.693)
5. pick cygwin-1.7.3-1 for Reinstall
6. next/continue until...
7. setup.exe complains about files in use - cygwin1.dll, retry/continue
(continue requires reboot)
8. click continue
9. setup completes, reminds me to reboot
11. uname -a still shows cygwin1.dll 20100331 is in use.
What's up? Can I help to debug this?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple