This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ntvdm encountered a hard error
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 14:14:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: ntvdm encountered a hard error
- References: <email@example.com>
On 06/04/2010 09:29, prakash babu wrote:
> I installed cygwin 1.5 using the legacy setup available at
> The install went through fine, but when I click on the cygwin binary i get
> "ntvdm encountered a hard error".
Whatever you are clicking on is not a binary but contains ASCII text.
What exactly /are/ you clicking on, anyway? If it's a cygwin soft-link,
that would explain it; windows can't recognize them.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple