Re: cygintl-8.dll was not found

On 05/04/2010 16:33, wefwef wefwef wrote:

>>  You also proposed adding a feature it already has, a column telling you
>> whether a package is already installed or not.  This tells me that you are not
>> calmly and dispassionately observing what is in front of your eyes.
> It doesn't have a column dedicated for this purpose, that column is
> used also to instruct the installer what to do.

  You are looking at the wrong column.

  Look at the column immediately to its left.

  The one labelled "Current".

  The one that shows you the currently-installed version of the package, or
nothing if it is not currently installed.

  Perhaps you could get that two-year old you mentioned earlier to point it
out to you.

> If that's the case, then why does it offer to save packages without
> installing - it obviously was intended as a way of downloading and
> installing later.

  Yes, exactly.  It is a way of downloading, for later installation, the exact
same set of packages it would download and install at the same time if you ran
it in install-from-internet mode.

  Not some arbitrary different set of packages.  You made that bit up.

> The fact is that the obvious way it should work,

  You're just elevating your own mistaken assumptions to the status of
"obvious" truths.  You need to get over yourself.

  Still no log files, I see.  It's almost as if you didn't want to demonstrate
that there is a bug or have it fixed.  I promise you, if you've found a bug, I
will indeed write the code necessary to fix it, but you have to be able to
show it to me.

    cheers,
      DaveK