Re: 1.7.2-1: Problems with regtool and cyglsa.

> On Mar 24 10:33, David Rothenberger wrote:
>> After reboot, the system completely misbehaved. It took a long time
>> to get to the login prompt. Login was very slow. Sound was
>> disabled. Network drives were not connected. The task bar never
>> appeared. I could not view entries in the Event Viewer. Fortunately,
>> I was able to Windows-R to run regedit and remove cyglsa from
>> Authentication Packages. My system was fine after reboot.
>
> I can not reproduce this problem.  I just installed cyglsa on one of my
> test machines (well, with the *fixed* regtool, that is), and after
> reboot the machine worked fine and with the usual speed, including LSA
> authentication.

This is working for me now. When I hand-edited the registry entry, I
used a space as a separator, not a newline, so that's what broke Windows.

Glad you fixed regtool, since obviously I can't edit the registry myself. :)

Getting the job done is no excuse for not following the rules.

Corollary:
        Following the rules will not get the job done.