Re: ssh problem using publickey in domain environment

On Feb 24 07:44, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
On Feb 23 12:35, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
On 02/23/2010 12:01 PM, Jukka Inkeri wrote:
If your server is member of domain, howto make users, sshd, (which
order) ... without setuid problem when using publickey auth ? cyg_server
and sshd - domain user or local or both, ???
In order for the SSH server to switch user context to a domain user,
the service's user (cyg_server) must be a domain user with the rights
outlined in 'ssh-host-config'. I'm not sure if it's a requirement that
the 'sshd' user also be a domain user. I've never played with that.
I added a FAQ entry lately:

http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.sshd-in-domain
You might want to change that to:

$ mkpasswd -l -d your_domain>>   /etc/passwd
$ mkgroup -l -d your_domain>>   /etc/group

so as not to destroy whatever the user had in /etc/{passwd,group}.
IMHO that's not a good idea. The passwd and group files should be
regenerated at this point to get a stable, well-defined state, and then
you can re-add any local changes at your heart's content. YMMV, of
course.
I mistyped. If all that was really required was getting cyg_server in there then perhaps -u cyg_server should have been used. In any event I think you should point out that this will replace the current /etc/{passwd,group}
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
What was the best thing before sliced bread?