RE: MoveFileW succeeding with cygwin 1.7.1 where it failed with cygwin 1.5.25?

On 8-feb-10 David Byron wrote:

> I've found a difference in behavior between cygwin 1.5.25
> and cygwin 1.7.1 that I don't understand.  Renaming a file
> using MoveFileW fails with access denied under cygwin
> 1.5.25 as expected, but it works under 1.7.

I figured out the difference.  My executable that calls MoveFileW spawned by
the version of bash I've got in my cygwin 1.7.1 installation has
SeDebugPrivilege and SeBackupPrivilege enabled.  With the version of bash
I've got in my cygwin 1.5.25 installation those privileges are disabled.

When I disable the SeRestorePrivilege before calling MoveFileW, it fails
under cygwin 1.7.1 as well with access denied.

SeRestorePrivilege enabled by default
-------------------------------------
$ cygcheck -f /usr/bin/bash
bash-3.2.49-23