Currently on 1.5.25, possible to update setup.exe to get python?

I'm currently on v1.5.25, but I don't want to upgrade yet.  I just need
to install Python, which I believe is one of the packages.  I tried
running my old setup.exe that I used with 1.5.25, but it's now
complaining about syntax errors in "setup.bz2".  It looks like I'll need
to at least upgrade my setup.exe, but I need to know beforehand if doing
that will force me to upgrade anything else.  If I download the latest
setup.exe, will I be able to install the Python package that works with
1.5.25 without having to install anything else?