Re: dlclose not calling destructors of static variables.

On 29/01/2010 15:23, Dave Korn wrote:
On 29/01/2010 14:30, Andrew West wrote:

Which brings me on to the bigger problem, the static variables are
registered with atexit rather than with __cxa_atexit which seems to be a
violation of the C++ standard (1).
   That's not the C++ standard; that is part of the cxx-abi.  Since so much of
cxx-abi assumes ELF, we implement things slightly differently on Cygwin.

cheers,
DaveK

Ah o.k. So is there any documentation on how Cygwin should do things differently? Should atexit be used for both executables and library static destructors? Is there a reason for not using __cxa_atexit?

Many thanks,

Andy