[Fwd: Blue screen when running installation *.sh]

I have previously used Cygwin 1.5 successfully, but thought I should
report a possible issue with the newer 1.7.1 version.

My XP workstation blue screens reliably when doing the final steps of the
Cygwin 1.7.1 installation somewhere in the /etc/postinstall/*.sh scripts.
The blue screen indicates the problem is with ibmfilter.sys and upon
rebooting, Microsoft suggests that the fault lies with the Lenovo Rescue
and Recovery application and that page leads to an update. However, whilst
the ibmfilter.sys driver may be somewhat fragile there is a chance that
Cygwin is triggering the fault by doing something odd.

I can also repeat the fault if I manually run the postinstall scripts.

I have attached the cygcheck.out showing the packages that I am trying to
install, and the debug files that would be sent to Microsoft.

After the first blue screen I removed the C:\cygwin directory and cleaned
the registry of all Cygwin data and tried again.

ÿþ<------=_20100105130313_76433--