This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin passes argv with preserved (") quote. and it is undesired result.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 11:25:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygwin passes argv with preserved (") quote. and it is undesired result.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 05:00:25PM +0900, jojelino wrote:
>here is testcase to reproduce the problem
>int main(int argc, char**argv)
>make ¤±.txt in directory.
>and run in cmd.exe
>and it complains file can't be opened.
>and you can see argv is passed with preserved quote (") although it is
>invoked in winshell
>it must be eliminted when it is transduced to cygwin environment.
I don't see preserved quotes but I do see that ARGV has apparently been
changed to UTF-8 and is represented as: -ñ-¦.txt
Try setting LANG to something appropriate in your MS-DOS session and see
if that makes things work better.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple