This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: /var/lib/alternatives/gcc missing for alternatives 1.3.30c
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 12:18:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: /var/lib/alternatives/gcc missing for alternatives 1.3.30c
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 12/30/2009 08:07 AM, Neil.Mowbray@calgacus.com wrote:
Can someone please provide a valid /var/lib/alternatives/gcc file or link
me to either it's syntax or the programs source?
This is created when alternatives runs for gcc. If you're missing it, it
to me that alternatives wasn't run. Check '/etc/postinstall/gcc.sh*" and
"/etc/postinstall/gcc-g++.sh*". If there is no "done" suffix, these didn't
which is why you don't have the alternatives files you're looking for. If there
is a "done" suffix, these did run but apparently didn't do so successfully. Try
running them again by hand and see what errors, if any, pop up.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple