This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygutils-1.4.2-1
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 01:35:47 -0500
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygutils-1.4.2-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Cygutils is a collection of useful(?) tools for the cygwin
platform. This is a feature enhancement release.
[[ compiled using gcc-4.3.4-3 ]]
As expected now that cygwin-1.7.1 has been officially released, this
cygutils package is available exclusively for cygwin-1.7.
CHANGES (from cygutils-1.4.1-2)
* Add hippo icon to cygicon-0.dll
TODO (call for patches):
* Update lpr.cc and mkshortcut.c to use cygwin-1.7 cygwin_conv_path
instead of deprecated cygwin_conv_to_win32_path.
* Update (some?) utilities to handle unicode filenames, similar to
IWAMURO Motonori's work on cygstart. Which utilities need this?
mkshortcut and lpr, probably. Any others?
volunteer cygutils maintainer for cygwin
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to
your system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is
available starting at this URL.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple