This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty-0.5.6-1
- From: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 05:46:27 +0000
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty-0.5.6-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Mintty is a terminal emulator for Cygwin with a native Windows user
interface and minimalist design. Among its features are Unicode
support and a graphical options dialog. Its terminal emulation is
largely compatible with xterm, but it does not require an X server.
Mintty is based on code from PuTTY by Simon Tatham and team.
- Fixed handling of right Alt key on US keyboards, which was broken in
- Changed the dim text attribute implementation to blend foreground
and background colour, but only when the "Show bold as bright" option
is off. This yields better results with black-on-white colour schemes.
- Added support for decimal colour values in colour setting sequences,
- When Ctrl is pressed together with a digit or symbol key, check
whether Shift+key yields a character corresponding to a control char
(after first trying the plain char followed by AltGr+key). For
example, Ctrl+6 on a US keyboard will now send ^^ (0x1E), because
Shift+6 is ^. This is for compatibility with the console.
The mintty manual is installed as a manpage ('man mintty'), and it's
also available in PDF format at
http://mintty.googlecode.com/files/mintty-0.5.4.pdf. Questions and
comments can be sent to the mintty discussion group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mintty-discuss or the Cygwin mailing
list at email@example.com. Please use the issue tracker at
http://code.google.com/p/mintty/issues/list to report bugs or suggest
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com/ web page. ÂThis downloads setup.exe to
your system. ÂThen, run setup and answer all of the questions.
Â Â Â*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple