This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: New 1.7 release setup does not run on WinNT
- From: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 16:21:05 +0000
- Subject: Re: New 1.7 release setup does not run on WinNT
- References: <4B3783F1.firstname.lastname@example.org>
2009/12/27 Jerry DeLisle:
> I have been using the 1.7 beta without any issues up until the official
> release. ÂI try to run 1.7.1 setup and nothing happens, it just exits
> without even opening a window.
> Trying to run the previous version of setup works until it encounters
> setup.ini which no longer matches the version.
> Any suggestions?
Upgrade to Windows 2000.
Sorry, couldn't help myself. Presumably one or more Windows API calls
not available on NT have crept in. Here's one suspect:
GetLongPathName (in main.cc).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple