This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Norton flagging as malware
- From: Robert Pendell <shinji at elite-systems dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 10:07:31 -0500
- Subject: Re: Norton flagging as malware
- References: <4B3622B7.email@example.com>
On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 9:50 AM, James Rome wrote:
> Norton flagged regtool.exe and update-mime-database as malware in your
> latest distribution.
> James A. Rome
> Oak Ridge National Laboratory
> 865 482-5643
> Problem reports: Â Â Â http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: Â Â Â Â http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: Â Â Âhttp://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
That is an issue with Norton and their dodgy behavioral scanning. I
have tried to get them to make exceptions but they won't do it.
"A perfect world is one of chaos."
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple