This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: subversion: svn2cl
- From: David Rothenberger <daveroth at acm dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 09:40:39 -0800
- Subject: Re: subversion: svn2cl
- References: <4B33218A.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 12/24/2009 12:08 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
I have begun using svn2cl to manage the cygport ChangeLog. While this
will only be a dependency for me and not for building from a source
tarball, this should really be added to the distro.
There are two alternatives:
1) As is done by other Linux distros, ship with subversion the
(older) version of svn2cl from the subversion tarball with an upstream
patch for compatibility with the latest libxml2, OR
2) one of us ITP the latest upstream version separately (I have a
Which would you prefer?
My initial preference is to package svn2cl as well as the other
subversion tools either with subversion or in a separate
subversion-tools package as is done on Debian. I had avoided doing this
before because of the questionable licensing status for many of the tools.
Let me look into this over the next week.
David Rothenberger ---- firstname.lastname@example.org
A person with an income who has had the forethought to remove
himself from the sphere of exaction.
-- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple