This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: upgrade to 1.7 experience ; Cygwin.bat doesn't find home directory
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 10:04:38 -0500
- Subject: Re: upgrade to 1.7 experience ; Cygwin.bat doesn't find home directory
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 12/24/2009 02:56 AM, Myron Flickner wrote:
It appears that bash not finding the home directory is caused by a missing /etc/profile. I copied over this file from a 1.5 system and now bash finds my profile and .bashrc.
Is this a bug or by design ?
Neither. See Chris' email here:
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple