This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.7.0-51: Problem using ssh public/private key authentication
- From: THW Mark <cwvandeven at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 04:55:31 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: 1.7.0-51: Problem using ssh public/private key authentication
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20090716110318.GL27613@calimero.vinschen.de> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
RenÃ Berber-2 wrote:
> Michael H. wrote:
>> $ cygrunsrv -E sshd
>> $ /usr/sbin/sshd -ddde
> And there you are creating the problem... or another problem: the
> service runs as a special user, when you run it yourself its running as
> your user so, if it works, that means you have permissions set to run as
> your user not the service user. Did that made sense? or I managed to
> make something simple into some obscure fact.
I can confirm that running sshd as a local user indeed works. (for a one
time connection). So, the solution must be with access rights to one or more
files. Suggestions are very welcome here..
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/1.7.0-51%3A-Problem-using-ssh-public-private-key-authentication-tp24513829p26913629.html
Sent from the Cygwin list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple