Re: 1.7: mintty 5.5.1 refuses to take hippos seriously ;-(

Chris,

Thanks for the reference. As I mentioned, it wasn't retrievable via Google. Strange.

As you had stated earlier, the key to solving the problem is to reference:

--icon=c:\_0\cygicons-hippo-vista-0.dll,10 in the shortcut

Note to everyone, including Andy, the ICO file worked until Mintty v5.5. And, all
my other ICO files seem to work with Mintty v5.5, including an earlier one, I
had gerri-rigged.

Thanks Andy, for the feature, it allows me to discrim among Mintty Windows and
cmd.exe Windows, much more easily.

Both I and my Hippo are very greatful.

Lee

Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
 $ find /[a-ce-quv]* -name cygicons-hippo-vista-0.dll
 Google: cygicons-hippo-vista-0.dll
 Google: cygwin hippo icon dll

all reveal NADA!

What am I missing?

This email:

http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2009-12/msg00234.html

The thread will also provide the background on what I was referring to.

Cheers!

Chris