This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: 1.5.25: Tools to diagnose unresponsive pre-compiled executables?
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 12:38:49 -0500
- Subject: Re: Fwd: 1.5.25: Tools to diagnose unresponsive pre-compiled executables?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 12/17/2009 12:24 PM, Gilles Lehoux wrote:
Some of my executables are unresponsive. What tools exist in cygwin
(other than gdb) to diagnose what is going on? There is no output from
the executable (ex. error msg) and these are pre-compiled executables.
No graphics. Strictly command line executables.
Sounds like you're missing some DLLs the executables depend on. Try
running 'cygcheck arm-elf-c++.exe' and see if it complains about not
finding some DLLs.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple