This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rsync - convert illegal characters in paths
- From: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 07:31:25 +0000
- Subject: Re: rsync - convert illegal characters in paths
- References: <email@example.com>
> I'm attempting to use rsync to backup from Linux to Windows. This is mostly
> working, except that paths with characters that are not legal in NTFS (< > :
> " / \ | ? *) are not copied because rsync fails to create files and
> directories with names containing these characters.
Those characters are supported in Cygwin 1.7. I assume your are using
1.7 since you mention UTF-8 support further down. Are you in fact
running the rsync on Linux onto a Windows share? In that case this
isn't a Cygwin issue and the rsync mailing list is more likely to be
able to help you.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple