This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: ctags-5.8-1
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 09:54:29 -0700
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: ctags-5.8-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
License : GNU GPL
Ctags generates an index (or tag) file of language objects found in
source files that allows these items to be quickly and easily located by
a text editor or other utility. A tag signifies a language object for
which an index entry is available (or, alternatively, the index entry
created for that object).
Tag generation is supported for the following languages:
Ant, ASP, Assembler, Awk, BASIC, BETA, Bourne shell script, C, C#,
C++, COBOL, DOS Batch, Eiffel, Erlang, Flex, Fortran, HTML, Java,
Pascal, Perl, PHP, PL/SQL, Python, REXX, Ruby, Scheme, S-Lang,
Standard ML, Tcl, TeX, Vera, Verilog, VHDL, Vim, YACC, zsh script
CHANGES SINCE LAST RELEASE
* Removed ".ml" as a Lisp extension (now OCaml) [Lisp].
* Added support for Ant language, contributed by David Fishburn.
* Added support for DOS Batch language, contributed by David
* Added support for Flex (Adobe) language, contributed by David
* Added support for MATLAB language, contributed by David Fishburn.
* Added support for Objective Camel (OCaml), provided by Vincent
Berthoux [Patch #2738723].
* Added support for TeX language, contributed by David Fishburn.
* Added support for VHDL language, contributed by Nicolas Vincent
* Added support for Pyrex/Cython declarations [Python].
* Added support for "v" kind, for variables [Python].
* Added support for class and member variables [PHP, Bug #1037086].
* Added support for recent enhancements to Eiffel language [Eiffel].
* Added support for ASP classes, contributed by Zendhi Nagao;
changes meaning of 'c' kind flag [ASP].
* Added regex support when compiling with MinGW. Gnu regex module
now included in all distributions.
* Fixed detection of triple strings inside other strings
[Python, Bug #1988130].
* Fixed an endless loop with comments in triple strings
[Python, Bug #1988027].
* Fixed bug where functions were sometimes seen as methods
[Python, Bug #1988026].
* Fixed parsing of method parameter annotations, fix contributed by
Paolo "blaisorblade" Giarrusso [Java, Bug #2049723, #2117073].
* Fixed parsing of global scope qualifiers in base class lists
[C++, Bug #1799343].
* Fixed bug where namespace members were given kinds corresponding
to globals [C++, Bug #1924919, #1575055].
* Fixed parsing of "else" [C#, Bug #1830344].
* Fixed parsing of derived enums [C#, Bug #1515910].
* Fixed parsing of "foreach" [C#, Bug #1830343].
* Fixed parsing of simple generic classes [C#, Bug #1515910].
* Fixed bug with detecting identifiers inside variables
[Python, Bug #1809024].
* Fixed bug with detecting identifiers at the start of variables
[Python, Bug #1856363].
* Fixed parsing of triple single-quoted multi-line strings
[Python, Bug #1906062].
* Changed to newer version of autoconf, changing configure.in to
INSTALL OR UPGRADE NOTES
CYGWIN INSTALLATION INFORMATION
To install this package, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on the
<http://cygwin.com/> web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions. You'll find
the package listed in the "All" category. After installation, read the
documentation at directories:
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at <email@example.com>.
CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO
This message has been sent to cygwin-announce list.
If you want to unsubscribe from the mailing list, look at the
"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send
email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
More information on unsubscribing can be found:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at the above URL.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple