This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [1.7] hard link error on FAT32 with zsh
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:58:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: [1.7] hard link error on FAT32 with zsh
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Dec 11 21:36, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> I was testing the latest 1.7 DLL snapshot (1.7.2s(0.218/5/3) 20091209
> 12:02:30) and the current 1.7 one (that you get from setup-1.7.exe). I
> am starting zsh and get the following error: "zsh: failed to create hard
> link as lock file /home/thorsten/.zhistory.LOCK: operation not
> This relates to the following setting in .zshrc: "HISTFILE=~/.zhistory".
> Zsh starts but no history is available. Cygwin is located on a FAT32
> thumb drive.
That's why. FAT32 does not support hardlinks.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple