This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: open() and named pipes
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 17:29:01 +0100
- Subject: Re: open() and named pipes
- References: <20081126145052.GB16542@sirio.sssup.it> <20081126173849.GA14783@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <20091209144340.GA2916@GIOVE> <20091209154108.GA3540@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Dec 9 10:41, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 03:43:41PM +0100, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
> >Sorry for the very late reply and thanks for fixing the return code
> >from open(). However, this is still not posix compliant as errno is
> >set to ENOENT instead of ENXIO. Indeed, the attached test case prints
> >"No process is reading from the other end." on both Linux and Solaris
> >but nothing on Cygwin.
> The patch below should fix this. I'll check it in as soon as the latest
> version of Cygwin is released. That should be imminent.
It just occured to me that we can apply post-1.7.1 patches as soon as we
like. I have created the 1.7.1 archive already and there's also a
cygwin-1_7_1-release tag in CVS. I'll be only available sporadically
for the remainder of the week, though.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple