This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Help with errors while compiling
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 20:43:25 +0000
- Subject: Re: Help with errors while compiling
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I'm trying to build a simple program using pthreads, but I get the following
> errors, why?
> g++ -c -g -o "Debug/Pthreads.o" -I/Cygwin/usr/include Pthreads.cpp
Don't do that, for a start. The compiler knows about all the system's
default include directories already, and has them in a carefully-placed search
order. If you're lucky, it will just ignore that -I option; if you're unlucky
it might be messing things up.
If that doesn't fix it you'll need to try and show us a small simple
testcase; sounds like whatever it is, we'd just need the first ten lines of
your Pthreads.cpp file (up to the #include that prompts the first errors) in
order to try and reproduce it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple