This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: nasm -- what format does cygwin use?
- From: Tim Prince <n8tm at aol dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 17:02:39 -0800
- Subject: Re: nasm -- what format does cygwin use?
- References: <4B19A77D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tprince at computer dot org
Linda Walsh wrote:
I am trying to compile a program that use nasm and it thought that
gnuwin32 was a format for nasm (don't know if it used to be, but it's
not now).If running inside cygwin, you let the cygwin developers make the choice,
which the binutils as will select automatically (PE-i386?). nasm might
be used, I suppose, with mingw, as your comment almost implies, so
becomes off topic for this list, if you refer to development for
Does cygwin use standard linux format now 'elf', or is it using win32?..or
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple