This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] Updated: grep-2.5.4-2
- From: Gary Johnson <garyjohn at spocom dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 16:24:29 -0800
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] Updated: grep-2.5.4-2
- References: <announce.20091125203020.GA28487@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
On 2009-11-25, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I've made a new version of 'grep' (http://www.gnu.org/software/grep/)
> available for installation. This is the most recent version of grep
> available from ftp.gnu.org + a patch from the Mandrake project which
> seems to alleviate the problem mentioned here:
> i.e., "grep -i --color" doesn't always work.
Thank you! I installed the Cygwin src package, copied the directory
to my Linux machine, ran ./configure, make, and make install there
and voilà: grep with working color!
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple