This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Base-Files (was Re: Unset TMP/TEMP in profile?)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 10:28:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: Base-Files (was Re: Unset TMP/TEMP in profile?)
- References: <4B18D1A7.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Dec 4 10:08, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> What about USERNAME and USER?
> Some time ago, I changed my /etc/passwd so that Administrator is
> called 'root' in Cygwin, but USERNAME still points to Administrator
> instead USER points to 'root'.
> Following this discussion I would ask if we should have, in Cygwin,
> the initialization export USERNAME="$USER" in some place...
I don't see how this would be correct. $USERNAME is a variable used
by Windows tools while $USER is used by POSIX tools. If your Cygwin
username is different from the Windows username, then $USER and
$USERNAME reflect this in their respective world.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple