This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: best directory naming /dev/fs or cygdrive for both linux (ubuntu) and cygwin and SUA (a bit off top
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 10:19:32 +0100
- Subject: Re: best directory naming /dev/fs or cygdrive for both linux (ubuntu) and cygwin and SUA (a bit off top
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4891C37578460441806BA1BB322EB9641289D7@camsbslak-01.cam-llc.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Dec 2 22:51, Robert Sandefur wrote:
> I sometimes need to run bash scripts with directory references developed
> in cygwin on Linux (Ubuntu) and very occasionally on SUA (Billy linux).
> Any opinions as to if using /dev/fs/C is better or worse than
> /cygdrive/C when mounting windozes disks in linux?
> (/dev/fs seems best for SUA)
You should probably prefer the SUA local drive path prefix, for two
reasons. The /dev/fs path is hardcoded in SUA, while you can easily set
the cygdrive prefix to whatever you want in Cygwin, including /dev/fs.
And the drive letter must be uppercase in SUA while it can be upper-
or lowercase in Cygwin. So
$ cd /dev/fs/C
works in SUA and in Cygwin.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple