This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin2 performance issue during compilation with autotools
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 17:08:07 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygwin2 performance issue during compilation with autotools
- References: <4B158A2C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 12/01/2009 04:27 PM, kiorky wrote:
While making effort to port minitage  to windows, i had in mind to test
cygwin2 (setup-1.7.exe as i understood) as it as improved support for some
things like getaddrinfo and posix threads.
Indeed the goal is to recompile a bunch of libraries from sources, then make
them link together, and here come problems.
With cygwin2, i have a non identified GREAT loss of performances during
compilation (minimerge is yet another interface to ./configure&& make&& make
install for this package (python-2.6)).
Can we see *attached* cygcheck output for your 1.7 and 1.5 installs, as
requested by <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>?
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple