This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Interesting problem installing cygserver
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 23:51:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: Interesting problem installing cygserver
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 11/22/2009 10:43 PM, Gregg Levine wrote:
Generating /etc/cygserver.conf file
chown: changing ownership of `/etc/cygserver.conf': Permission denied
Warning: The following function requires administrator privileges!
A good start is either you don't have administrator privileges
or a missing cygrunsrv binary. Please check for both.
I happen to have both. Cygwin was installed using the defaults on this
laptop who is running Windows Seven and this is the latest of the 1.7
So you started the terminal you're using with "Run as Administrator"?
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple