This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Use of Dual Core causes random failures building OpenJDK
- From: Pete Brunet <pete at a11ysoft dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 21:49:48 -0600
- Subject: Re: Use of Dual Core causes random failures building OpenJDK
- References: <4B023172.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: pete at a11ysoft dot com
This problem went away by disabling Norton 360.
Pete Brunet wrote:
> I've been trying to build OpenJDK for several weeks now and have never
> been able to get to the end of the build because of random failures.
> Last night I had a hunch to turn off one of the cores in BIOS and after
> doing that the problems have gone away. My system is a Lenovo T500,
> Model 2081-CTO, with an Intel Core2 Duo P8700 at 2.53 GHz and 2 GB of
> RAM running XP Pro SP3. The latest updates have been applied to the
> Lenovo system and to XP. Some examples of failures:
> - empty environment variables
> - invalid environment variables
> - files not found (possibly related to corrupted environment variables)
> Attached is my cygcheck.out file.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple