This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How to capture stderr of dos process running in bash shell??
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 13:43:04 -0500
- Subject: Re: How to capture stderr of dos process running in bash shell??
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:39:41AM -0800, aputerguy wrote:
>I am trying to capture the error messages of 'subinacl.exe' (a dos program
>included with Windows 2003 toolkit) which I am running from a bash script.
>However both the stderr and stdout of the process seem to go to bash stdout
>since redirecting bash stderr (2>) doesn't seem to have any effect.
>I assume this is because the dos process is running in a bash shell.
More likely it is writing to the console directly, rather like writing to
"/dev/tty" on UNIX.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple