This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Get cygwin X startup window console in notification area?
- From: Csaba Raduly <rcsaba at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com, moss at cs dot umass dot edu
- Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:34:36 +0100
- Subject: Re: Get cygwin X startup window console in notification area?
- References: <4AF93A31.email@example.com>
On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Eliot Moss <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I start X under cygwin using a Windows shortcut to
> C;\cygwin\bin\bash.exe where I have edited the target to add
> -login -c "/usr/bin/startx -- -unixkill -clipboard -multimonitors"
> When I run it, I get a icon for X windows (desired) but also a
> taskbar icon for the bash console (the one that is running
You could use startxwin.bat
That would start the X server (in the notification area) and an xterm,
and then terminates.
I think the Cygwin 1.7 installer creates a shortcut for you in the
Life is complex, with real and imaginary parts
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple