This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[Help-Please] Compiling RANCID on Cygwin
- From: Chip Panarchy <forumanarchy at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:00:39 +1100
- Subject: [Help-Please] Compiling RANCID on Cygwin
RANCID - Really Awesome New Cisco confIg Differ
RANCID monitors a router's (or more generally a device's)
configuration, including software and hardware (cards, serial numbers,
etc) and uses CVS (Concurrent Version System) or Subversion to
maintain history of changes.
RANCID does this by the very simple process summarized here:
• login to each device in the router table (router.db),
• run various commands to get the information that will be saved,
• cook the output; re-format, remove oscillating or incrementing data,
• email any differences (sample) from the previous collection to a
• and finally commit those changes to the revision control system
I'm trying to compile RANCID through Cygwin for use on Windows.
Any help with this would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Chip D. Panarchy
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple