This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Broken autoconf mmap test (was Re: 1.7] BUG - GREP slows to a crawl with large number of matches on a single file)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 15:15:48 +0100
- Subject: Broken autoconf mmap test (was Re: 1.7] BUG - GREP slows to a crawl with large number of matches on a single file)
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Nov 8 14:56, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Btw., the check for mmap in grep's configure file is broken. It tries
> to mmap to a fixed address formerly allocated via malloc(). This doesn't
> work on Windows. An autoconf run with a newer version of autoconf would
> be nice.
I just found that the latest autoconf *still* has this broken test
for mmap, which basically calls
data2 = malloc (size);
Why has this test never been fixed? Chuck?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple