This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: PID 3080: (*system*) WRONG FILE OWNER (/etc/crontab)
- From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <Pierre dot Humblet at ieee dot org>
- To: <nwpu053821 at gmail dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 09:47:54 -0500
- Subject: Re: PID 3080: (*system*) WRONG FILE OWNER (/etc/crontab)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 20:19
| it seems that the file /etc/crontab must be owned by root. But there
| is not a root user in my computer.
| How could solve the problem? Do i have to create a root user for windows?
Crontab files must be owned by the user with matching name.
They must readable by SID S-1-5-32-544, the crontab -e program sets it that way.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple