Re: no output from cygpath in cygwin 1.7

On Nov  5 06:06, justinmiller621 wrote:

> I have been running fine for a couple months with the beta version of cygwin.
> Yesterday, I added a new package (netcat I believe), and all of a sudden
> maven and ant no longer work. Maven tells me JAVA_HOME is not set. I have
> ANT_HOME, M2_HOME, and JAVE_HOME set. Both maven and ant are
> cygwin-sensitive.  I tracked the problem down to the usage of 'cygpath' in
> the maven (and ant) scripts:
>
> JAVA_HOME=`cygpath --path --unix "$JAVA_HOME"`
>
> I tried the above command by itself and sure enough, it returns nothing. In
> fact, running 'cygpath' by itself, without any args, returns nothing.
>
> I tried blowing away my cygwin install, plus my packages directory, and
> reinstalled. No luck.
>
> Any thoughts here?

Install the libstdc++-6 package.  Cygpath has been accidentally linked
against the cygstdc++-6.dll DLL.  I'll upload a new cygwin package this
week which will not have this problem, but for the time being,
installing the libstdc++-6 package should do the trick.

Corinna

Red Hat