This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: emacs under X intermittant 100% CPU
- From: "Rockefeller, Harry" <Harry dot Rockefeller at flightsafety dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 17:05:52 -0600
- Subject: RE: emacs under X intermittant 100% CPU
- References: <3185EFAF9C8F7B4E9DBDF56829BF7C786042@srv060ex01.ssd.fsi.com> <4AE9ABC3.email@example.com>
I've been using emacs 23.1.1 via cygwin 1.7 all day without a problem. Thanks Ken for the tip. Thanks to the Cygwin team for a great job.
> On 10/29/2009 9:28 AM, Rockefeller, Harry wrote:
> > Emacs under X (all three: native cygwin Xwin, X-win32, and Exceed)
> > hangs intermittently consuming 100% of available CPU as shown by running
> > 'top'.
> > Here are some version stats:
> > $ emacs -version
> > GNU Emacs 21.2.1
> > $ uname -a
> > CYGWIN_NT-5.1 harryr-pc 1.5.25(0.156/4/2) 2008-06-12 19:34 i686 Cygwin
> Emacs 21.2 is very old. My advice would be to upgrade cygwin to 1.7,
> which provides emacs 23.1. If you don't want to do that, you can
> install emacs 23.0.92 under cygwin 1.5, but it's shown as an
> "experimental" version when you run setup.exe.
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple