This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "Permission denied" on /usr/bin/sh when running gmake with multiple jobs
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 14:32:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: "Permission denied" on /usr/bin/sh when running gmake with multiple jobs
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20091023180754.GB5001@onderneming10.xs4all.nl> <000001ca54a6$a1553260$e3ff9720$@com> <000001ca57dc$8b18a430$a149ec90$@com> <20091029082244.GK28753@calimero.vinschen.de> <003901ca588a$7edc0500$7c940f00$@com> <20091029133834.GO28753@calimero.vinschen.de> <000901ca593e$c938fcc0$5baaf640$@com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Oct 30 08:55, John Daintree wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
> I was using a "gmake" not the cygwin "make", and that was generating the
> windows path. I've moved over to the cygwin supplied make and fixed up all
> the relevant environment variables. No windows paths anymore but I'm still
> getting the permission problem.
> None of the scripts are created dynamically.
> I'd tried strace before, but didn't really know how to interpret the output
> or locate the relevant bits. (is there an article that describes the
> I've run the make again under strace and posted the output of both strace
> and make (I couldn't find how to have the output of both go to the same
> file) to www.johndaintree.com/index.htm. Would it be too much to ask that
> you take a look?
That's a local problem on your side, apparently. It took some time to
find the cause in this big strace, but here it is:
261 861750 [main] sh 6296 fhandler_base::open: C00000BF = NtCreateFile (0x0, 80100000, \??\J:\trunk\svn\apl\win\bin\mk_cc, io, NULL, 0, 7, 1, 4020, NULL, 0)
The Windows NtCreateFile function returns an status code 0xC00000BF,
which is called STATUS_NETWORK_BUSY. This translates into Win32 error
54, ERROR_NETWORK_BUSY which tranlates into the english text... "The
network is busy."
I have no clue what causes this kind of error.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple