This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Incorrect names for file owners on mapped samba drives
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:59:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: Incorrect names for file owners on mapped samba drives
- References: <001b01ca5978$32cbb900$98632b00$@com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 10/30/2009 11:46 AM, John Daintree wrote:
on the SAMBA machine my UID is 208, so I figured I'd just need to change the
Don't change your SID. You can change your UID if you want, since this is a
Cygwin thing. But if you change your SID, Cygwin can't map your UID back to
the Windows SID. So then Windows won't know who you are, and Cygwin really
won't either (in Windows terms). That's why you got the message you did.
Assuming SAMBA uses 208 as your user ID,you should get proper (user) ownerships
displaying. The same is true for your GID, if you want that.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple