This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Console Window remains open after startxwin.bat & xterm 1.7, W7x64
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:35:53 -0400
- Subject: Re: Console Window remains open after startxwin.bat & xterm 1.7, W7x64
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 10/30/2009 09:15 AM, Paul Huwe wrote:
I just upgraded to Windows 7 Professional 64bit, and I installed Cygwin
1.7. When I run startxwin.bat, the server starts, but the console window
does not disappear. When I then open xterms (from windows, not from a window
in the Xserver), they each open from a console window that doesn't
disappear. How can I get the command windows to disappear?
The standard solution to this is to use "run" to run your app. Of course, on
Windows 7, MS has broken the functionality to hide the console that gets
created, so "run" doesn't always help there (as evidenced by the behavior
you see with startxwin.bat). So this is a MS problem that's searching for a
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple