This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Parallel downloading of Cygwin packages
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 08:58:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: Parallel downloading of Cygwin packages
- References: <4AEAD9EE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 01:19:58PM +0100, Ron de Bruijn wrote:
>I use the latest installer, but it only uses one mirror to download
>packages from at the same time. I have the impression that the mirror
>I selected only gives about 30KB/s, which makes installing Cygwin slow.
>What I would like the installer to do is to download from all mirrors
>in parallel different packages and in case one mirror doesn't respond
>that it just drops that one and uses another one. The mirrors together
>should be able to saturate my connection.
I'd like the installer to use a more intuitive UI, be more capable of
running from the command line, and be able to handle RPMs.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple